6.05.2013

Spoonflower Fabric

Years ago, before I left for college, I discovered a website called www.spoonflower.com. If you haven't heard of it, this website allows you to print custom fabric that you or other people designed. Pretty awesome, right? I know. I designed some fabric for a contest and if I recall correctly I actually placed pretty well but I didn't make it high enough to get the fabric printed for free. As a high school student with no income, I never got it printed... until now.



This fabric is available for purchase here!

Currently, I'm working on a simple quilted clutch (and a tutorial to go with it!). It would have been done and uploaded yesterday, except I was being a bit of a butthead yesterday. Y'know when you're feeling cranky and impatient so you rush through a project? That was me. Now my bias tape edges look awful and I have to rip every single stitch and redo it by hand for the result I want. I totally deserve it for being such a butthead yesterday.

Moving on, I recently designed another piece of fabric and just received the fat quarter(s) yesterday.

I thought I had ironed it better! :(
This fabric is available for purchase here!

This design is made using Togg brand collectible space cards from the 1950's. How cool is that? I really love how it turned out. One fat quarter contains around 40-50 cards, if I recall correctly. Design wise, the fabric is a little loud, but I think it'd make some awesome pajamas for your local space enthusiast (read: your adorable kids).

I also made the design in black and white!


This fabric is available for purchase here!

I really need to pay the extra dollar or two for the Kona cotton that Spoonflower offers. Their cheaper cotton, as you can see in my previous pictures, wrinkles something awful in the wash. I spent forever ironing those pieces they still came out wrinkled for their photoshoot. Argghadfkahdfahdfak.

No comments:

Post a Comment