7.26.2013

Spoonflower Borderlands 2 Fabric Collection

I finally received my swatches for the Borderlands 2 collection I created. I'm extremely proud of the collection and I hope you guys like it.  Here's where you can find the collection for purchase.


I changed some of the colors, especially on the grunge. The background was a nice, deep red that matched the Borderlands 2 logo while the foreground was a bright poppy red that really clashed with the other colors. That has now been changed.


The fabrics are designed to be used in a quilt using 5 inch squares. Apart of the collection, not pictured here, is a cheater quilt made up of 6 inch squares, so there's definitely enough room for a seam allowance and then some. However, they can be used in many different ways.

The Borderlands 2 Logo fabric would make a great lining for a bag, backing for a quilt or even pajama pants.

The Grunge fabric could be used in many different ways, although I don't think it would look very good for projects whose pattern pieces are larger than two feet wide. (I can't think of anything besides huge, poofy dresses, but still!)

The fabric that I so cleverly named Gaige's Socks, after the Mechromancer's striped stockings, could be used as a lining for bags, a backing for a quilt, binding for a quilt, pajama pants, a tie etc. What's cooler, is that you could order the design on knit fabric and make yourself some leggings for a Gaige cosplay. Rip a few holes in the stockings and you're good to go.

The Vault Hunters fabric was the centerpiece for this collection. Of course it'd be great as a lining, but I also think you could use this fabric to make one helluva Borderlands 2 dress. I personally would love to make a white button-down shirt with black accents (think cuff and collar) and use this fabric for the yoke. Add a few studs, it'd be snazzy as hell.


I hope you guys like the fabric as much as I do! Remember to check them out here!



No comments:

Post a Comment